Sunny Dental is committed to utilize the most modern instruments, methods, and materials for the finest treatment results. We are delighted to provide incredibly accurate, tooth-colored restorations for cavities and decay correction. To find out more about tooth-colored restorations and to determine whether they are appropriate for you, consult with a member of our team.
When Tooth Colored Restorations are necessary?
Your teeth may be damaged by cavities or accidents. Whenever something happens to the structure of your teeth, they will need to be restored. Sunny Dental warmly welcomes you to have an effective treatment for such situations.
We suggest tooth-colored restoration over silver amalgam filling because it matches the color of your teeth and the restoration is as strong and durable as your healthy teeth.
What is Tooth-Colored Restoration
In tooth-colored restoration, a tooth is reshaped with a durable, chemically-bonded material that matches the shade of your teeth. This tooth-colored restoration is almost unnoticeable and up to 95% as strong as your original, healthy teeth. It has a natural white tint.
This procedure takes the place of silver dental amalgam. Superior color stability, hardness, and overall appearance are all features of tooth color restoration. As opposed to amalgam or silver restorations, which locks with the tooth structure mechanically, tooth-colored restoration bonds to the tooth structure chemically. This translates to minimally invasive, conservative tooth preparation.
Why do most people need Tooth Colored Restoration?
If you have a decay or need to restore a tooth then you must consult with your dentist who will most likely suggest Tooth Colored Restoration. You might ask that “Why Tooth Colored Restoration?” or “Why not silver filling?”. The answer is very simple.
- Aesthetic Appearance: Tooth Colored Restoration not only resolves dental issues but also gives you an aesthetic look. The filling will match the color of your teeth which silver filling can not bring. It makes your smile more perfect.
- Durability: If you take good care of your oral hygiene after having a Tooth Colored filling then this treatment will last more than 10 years.
- Fast Treatment: Typical tooth-colored restoration procedure takes about an hour and lasts for many years. Local anesthesia will be applied before the treatment, so that you can have a comfortable experience.
- Completed in a single visit: It only takes a single visit to complete the whole procedure.
- Fewer chances of tooth cracking: Contrary to amalgam fillings, which expand and contract in response to temperature changes and may eventually cause teeth cracks and fractures, composite fillings protect your teeth.
How Tooth-colored restoration is done
To help you understand the issues we uncover in your mouth, our dentist and staff frequently take intra-oral pictures of concerned areas before treatment. As always, they will go over all of your treatment options with you and assist you in choosing the one that is best suited to your needs.
In General, our dentist will remove the rotten portions of the tooth and clean the region after using local anesthesia to numb the area. Once the area is cleaned, tooth colored material will be placed and shaped to match the natural tooth as much as possible. Finally, our dentist will polish and smooth up your restoration as well as make any required adjustments. The outcome is a smile that is bright, healthy, and realistic-looking.